Sunday, January 9, 2011
Each year we reflect and plan. We set new goals and strive to achieve them.
Here’s 10 tips to help you hit your targets.
1. For you to be able to achieve your goals, first off you must have a clear sense of what your goals are. To attain them, they should be well-defined, sharp & elaborate, not obscure, unclear goals are forgotten. Our memories don’t serve as right all the time, that’s why you have to take time to put them in writing so you’ll always know what to focus on.
2. Set goals that are measurable. It’s important to keep in mind the long term plans to give you long-term diligence and effort and to be able to evaluate where you stand. You wouldn’t set out on a major journey with no idea of your destination.
3. Timeframes & deadlines make goals more manageable & realistic. Have a 5-year goal or a 1-year goal, break big goals into smaller, more manageable goals. It would make it easier to meet the deadlines that you yourself have set and see how the goal will get accomplished.
4. Goals need to be challenging not disappointing. Set realistic goals. It is important to set goals that is possible for you to achieve & that is challenging. Don’t make other people like friends or families set your goals for you, only you know your true desires and ambitions. It can be quite dispiriting to fail to achieve a personal goal for reasons beyond your control!
5. Set priorities. Know which goal to priotize at times when 2 or more goals seem to collide. As an example, I’d love to go on a trip around the world. I want to go travel out of the country and visit different places at least twice a year, which of course is going to cost me a lot. On the other hand, I have set my mind on moving in to a new home in 2 years time. In that specific time period, I would have to decide which goal am I going to be pursuing for me to achieve one goal.
6. To give a balanced coverage of all important areas in your life, set goals in categories: Career, Financial, Family, Physical, Pleasure, etc.
7. Be consistent. Work towards your goal everyday. Whatever you do, keep your goal in mind, separating what’s important from what’s irrelevant, or a distraction.
8. Acquire as much knowledge, organize your time and your resources. It will help you raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your own ability and competence in achieving the goals that you’ve set.
9. Think positive & be positive. Apply the law of attraction.
10. When you’ve achieved a goal, take time to enjoy the satisfaction of having done so. Then on to your next goal!
Queen Anne's County Private High Schools - Maryland
|About This County (Queen Anne's)|
|Population (Approximate)||8,765 people||5,296,485 people|
|% (age 25+) w/College Degree||25%||32%|
|Population Average Age||36 years old||36 years old|
|Average Household size||2.5 persons||2.5 persons|
|Median Household Income||$51,858||$55,456|
|Avg. # of Rooms in Household||6.1 rooms||6.1 rooms|
|Median Age of Housing Structure||36 years old||41 years old|
|View housing listings in Maryland|
|Median Value of Housing Unit|
|% Owning / % Renting||75% / 25%||68% / 32%|